It is really hard (at least for us! )to avoid eating out especially at Fast Food.
1. Skip French fries. Have a hamburger with salad or even fresh fruit, like a banana or an apple. 2. Order grilled chicken or small hamburgers. Yes, this means skip the double, triple, or half-pound burgers.
3. Skip shakes. A 16-ounce vanilla shake can easily have more than 430 calories, which can burst anyone’s calorie budget. Enjoy a shake once in a while as a snack or stand-alone item but not with an already calorie-packed meal.
4. For kids, go for fruit slices and milk instead of soda pop and French fries.
5. Enjoy just one slice of pizza at fast-food pizza outlets.
6. Remember that adding mayo and cheese to a sandwich will tack on another 200 calories, at least.
7. Don’t be fooled by a grilled-cheese sandwich. It may seem small and simple, but the thick filling of cheese and buttered white bread slyly serves up a good 600 calories.
8. Order baked chips or enjoy fruit as a side item for sandwiches.
9. Sandwiches are a great choice, but think small, no more than six inches long (unless you order a low-fat veggie or meat-and-veggie sandwich with no mayo or cheese).
10. Choose whole-grain breads and add plenty of veggies.