Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Children's 10 Commandments for Parents

Posted by Cecile at Tuesday, May 11, 2010
I can't remember where I read this articles, but this indeed a reminder f a parent like me who sometimes expect so much for my only 5 year old son. Forgive me but am not perfect in many things and that includes parenting. Thanks to my hubby who reminds me to lighten up and let our son be a kid. Anyway, thought this might get you interested.

1. My hands are small. Please don't expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My legs are short. Please slow down so that I can keep up with you.

2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have. Please let me explore safely. Don't restrict me unnecessarily.

3. Housework will always be there. I'm only little for such a short time. Please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.

4. My feelings are tender. Please be sensitive to my needs. Don't nag me all day long. (You wouldn't want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.

5. I am a special gift from God. Please treasure me, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by and disciplining me in a loving manner.

6. I need your encouragement and your praise to grow. Please go easy on the criticism. Remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.

7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday, I'll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.

8. Please don't do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn't quite measure up to your expectations. I know it's hard, but please don't try to compare me with my brother or my sister.

9. Please don't be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it's a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.

10. Please take me to worship regularly, setting a good example for me to follow.

4 comments:

Pete said...

Good tips for me to handle my little toddler! Cheers!

♥FreakyehS♥ said...

great tips ces. Sometimes parents they think they know everything. It's a good enlightenment to some parents who expects perfections. Joe has that attitudes sometimes he used to comapared Jake to one of his nephew. he hasn't understand yet that kids has its own pace and qualities ug attitude sd.

Dhemz said...

mau ni nga tips teCes...ehehhehe! korek si tsang....this is a good enlightenment indeed....:)

kcatwoman said...

i definitely agree with all of this. i dont have children but i have a small brother who's like a baby to the family and your post made me think of treating him better.

thanks,
Flor
kcatwoman
ldspinay
Bookneneng

 

Life is Good and Beautiful Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea