Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mommy Moments: The Joy of Motherhood

Posted by Cecile at Thursday, May 27, 2010
When I think about month of May, two things come to my mind and these are my Mother's Birthday and of course, the Mother's Day! That is why this month is very special to me and my siblings. Our mother dear will be celebrating her 75th birthday this Sunday...and with that I'd like to say, Happy Birthday, Mother. We love, You!

mommy moments

This week's theme for Mommy Moments is about "Motherhood." In the Psalms 113:9 we read, “He maketh the … woman … to be a joyful mother of children." “Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother’s image is the first that stamps itself on the … young child’s mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world." ~ David O. McKay ~

“The special bonding that occurs between mother and baby is a unique and powerful love. This picture was to show the confidence that grows in an infant when it feels protected and loved.” ~ Judith Campion ~

"As mothers become grandmothers, they extend their nurturing to grandchildren, a role that is yet another dimension of motherhood, as they continue to watch over their adult children." ~ Lori Anderson Wing ~

As a mothers working with our children at our side......daily tasks pass on skills and traditions. And through our everyday touching, working, and talking together, (we) mothers truly teach profound truths.

Each year of motherhood brings with it new challenges and opportunities for mothers to teach their children as well as to learn from and with them. “A mother’s influence is immeasurable. Even the most insignificant moments can have lasting impact.” ~ Scott M. Snow ~

For me being a mother is a privilege that God has entrusted me....He gave me two beautiful children of which one (Ruth) of them is back to HIM. God knows that I always want to be a mother even when I was still young....and here I am mothering one of God's Spirit Children. It is also a blessing to be able to stay at home and care for my son who relies on me for everything. I love my calling....I love being a mother!

18 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I love all the quotes sis because it's all true.

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

I love all the quotes you shared today tsang. Very inpiring and touching kasi itspeak about us. mga ulirang ina baya ta waaa hehe

Tetcha said...

Motherhood is a great privilege indeed. We are entrusted to care for God's little children, and that makes us mothers really special. Nagkamali ako ng post, sorry!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Everyday is a challenge for us Moms ano ate.. Gwapito talaga si Jake ...

Mel_Cole said...

Yes you're right, a mother's personality either ill or good will stamp into the mind of our children and so it is important to raise your children on what is good and best for them.Mothers knows best :)

jeng said...

Great quotes and nice pictures!

Day by Day said...

Nicely done. Thanks for the wonderful quotes!

zoan said...

ang gaganda ng kowts pinaghirapan talaga hanapin? eheheh :)

it really speaks of what mom is

Lulu Post said...

it is a privilege indeed! I am privilege to be one!

anne said...

Hi girl, send my greetings to your Mom, this must be a double celebration for you, thanks for dropping by at my blog girl

Anonymous said...

Great research mommy! All your quotes are very apt and I love them all. I posted late, hope you can find time to visit. :) Happy MM!

Azumi's Mom ★ said...

Happy birthday to your Mother =) Thanks for sharing some of the quotes =) they're indeed true.. we're all blessed to have beautiful kids.. Ang gwapo talaga ng anak mo =) Happy weekend

LN said...

A privilege it is :) happy 'mommying' :)

kimmyschemy said...

motherhood only stops when we stop caring for our children. would it happen? i guess not.. enjoy being a mom!

Jac said...

Very well said ate Cel I love the quotes lalo na yung each year of motherhood brings with it new challenges and opportunities for mothers to teach their children as well as to learn from and with them.

Dhemz said...

awwwwwwwwwww....ka sweet....just like everybody else...I love all the quotes teCes...so true.....thanks for sharing the pics....motherhood is indeed priceless....:)

Clarissa said...

I love the words of wisdom that you shared to us,Ate Ces and the quotes,too.I love being a mother,too!^_^

Chris said...

joys of motherhood are immesurable!

 

Life is Good and Beautiful Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea