Monday, February 28, 2011

Daily Routines of A Six Year Old

Posted by Cecile at Monday, February 28, 2011
I used to worry about Jake not putting his stuffs on their proper places after using them even though I told him many times! He needs to be reminded of what he needs to do everyday and that is driving me crazy! It seems to me like he is not listening to me at all. Or he don't remember it or even worst trying to ignore me on purpose! I couldn't figure out what was wrong! I felt like I failed as a mother. Worried, I started searching on the net for answers to my questions and this is what I have found:

At mealtimes, the six-year old has a very good appetite, though she tends to ask for more than she actually eats. Lunch is the favorite meal and she often wants a large bedtime snack.


Very few six-year olds will nap, but they will go to bed early. Six still needs at least ten hours of sleep each night. They enjoy the quiet time before sleep to hear a bedtime story and talk about their day.


Bathing is a bother to most six-year olds, especially boys. They have to be reminded to bathe thoroughly, to brush their teeth, and to wash hands. Six is not neat with his clothes and usually leaves clothes and shoes scattered everywhere. It might be a good idea to invest in some baskets that he can use to begin to learn the habit of keeping clothes off the floor. (adapted from Gesell, Ilg, & Ames)

0 comments:

 

Life is Good and Beautiful Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea