Friday, August 26, 2011

MM: Nutrition Tips

Posted by Cecile at Friday, August 26, 2011
Health is one of the most important thing I instill in my son's mind. Eating a healthy balanced diet is part of his every meal. But what is a healthy balanced-diet composed of? To me, it is a meal consists of starches, vegetables and meat (white and red). In my house we are used to eating meals with the three major food groups. Fruits serve as desserts. I am glad that at Jacob's young age, he loves to eat veggies, fish, and salads. We also thought him that whatever is on the table, that he will eat...no special meal prepared for him. The only tip I can share with you guys is this: as soon as you baby is ready to eat solid foods....try to give then puree' fruits and veggies. If you do that...you will never have problem feeding them fruits and veggies. As we all know, most of the kids these days don't eat veggies and if they do...they only eat the ones they want to. I also believe in the saying that "you are what you eat." Parents should start teaching their kids the importance of being healthy...and that begins at home where their first teachers are their Mom and Dad. It works for me.

My #1 Fan :-)

Salisbury Steak Over Egg Noodles

Fresh Salad

Mashed Sweet Potato


Please share us your tip by joining this meme :-)

mommy moments

3 comments:

Tetcha said...

You're lucky indeed to have a child who's not a picky eater; that's because you trained him well. Congrats, Mommy! Here's my entry: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2011/08/mommy-moments-nutrition-tips.html

Chris said...

great job mommy! my kids can be picky eaters at times, but i am not indulging them anymore. i hope they will learn to eat nutritious food too!

thanks for joining us Ces! :)

Mommy Liz said...

Naku mga anak ko eh super picky, kahit si Roan eh malakas kumain, picky rin yun, ayaw nya ng salisbury steak, gusto nya spaghetti, paksiw at sinigang, or adobo. Si AJ ang inaalala ko at sobrang picky eh baka kako di enough ang nutrients na nakukuha nya sa mac and cheese, hay..


http://mykidzpower.com

 

Life is Good and Beautiful Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea