The weather is getting nicer and the days are getting longer and it's time to get outdoors again and enjoy all that nature has to offer. Try some of these activities for a day of good, old-fashioned spring time fun.
1. Go fly a kite! March winds make this activity perfect. Find a kite that is bowed so that wind can spill evenly over the two sides of the kite; flat kites tend to be unstable, and we've found that cheap kites are most often the ones that work best.
2. Enjoy some swings. Few things make you feel more alive than a gust of wind in the face, and if you teach your kids proper swinging technique (push legs out when going forward, pull them in when going back), they will enjoy hours of fun without you having to push each of them!
3. Plant some pansies - the signature flower of spring. Find a sunny location with rich soil and good drainage, dig a hole deep enough for the soil and roots (holes should be 6-10 inches apart), and help your children place the pansies in their holes. For other ideas of how to garden with children, visit kidsgardening.org.
Site Worth Visiting
- ► 2011 (45)
- ► 2010 (95)
- Breast Augmentation, Liposuction and Etc...
- Ginormous Meme
- Early Spring Activities
- Ring Tag
- Great Deals on Lingerie
- Mommy Moments - Summer Outing
- Kids' Choice Awards 2009
- Fruits, Only in the Island of Philippines
- Play and Win ... Great Sweepstakes!
- Reliable Worldwide Business Directory
- In Honor of Spring!
- Versace, my Favorite Perfume
- Gifts from a Very Good Friend, Dhemz
- Porn in the Workplace and How to Stop It!
- Was Born to Serve!
- Manic Monday #159
- Funny Things about Irish Symbols
- More Pictures from Field Trip
- A Perfect Blend of Friendship Award
- Mommy Moments - Bath Time
- World's Worst Cultural Mistakes
- ▼ March (21)