Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Don't under estimate children's ability....

Posted by Cecile at Wednesday, November 05, 2008
I am amazed how children learn things when they are ready; we can not really force them to do things we want them to do when they are not ready yet or it will frustrate us and it will take time for them to learn. I learned that with my son, who is learning things in his own time and phase. He loves to read, solve puzzles and now play board games. Yes, he made us buy him a "Sorry" board game yesterday and since then we play this games like at least two times a day. I remember my husband kept telling me how much he wanted Jacob to play with us when we were playing board games; now he couldn't be happier that the moment he has been waiting for has come! I love spending time with my son; he always amazes me by how quick he is learning. One time when I was at school helping his teachers, I noticed during story time and singing time, he wasn’t singing or saying anything; and that worries me. He was just there listening. Then when he got home from school, he started singing and telling the story his teacher read with them that day. It teaches me lesson that children are really listening even though they busy doing something. They also really quick to pick things up, so we better be careful with what we do and say, for they are learning from us, parents and elders.

2 comments:

Wendy Lopez-Redaon said...

yup yup!! all kids are like sponges they absorb EVERYTHING!!

I see the same in my niece she's almost two and she parrots most words she hears even bad word hehehe

Cecile said...

thanks for the comment, Wendy :-)yup, they mimic everything they see in and hear with us..

 

Life is Good and Beautiful Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea