Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Love and Bless your Enemies

Posted by Cecile at Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Reading Scriptures is one thing I always do everyday; it helps and reminds me of who I am and what I am suppose to do as a follower of Christ and His church. One of my favorite’s verses in the bible is in Matthew chapter 5:44, when Jesus was preaching the Sermon on the Mount. He said: But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. This verse has a very big impact with me and my life when I was still new in the church where I belong to; my grandmother and her friends used to mock and persecute me every time they see me go to church every Sunday. It made me feel sad and bad at the same time. If only they will read the bible, they will see and know why I always go to church and read the bible. But what can I say? I just prayed and still praying for them that their hearts will be softened; and also I treated them nicely. I love my grandmother and she is already old. She can Find out more about God and His will through reading scriptures and learn from bible verses. It isn’t too late for her, I know. Every now and then many people like me still experience persecutions and this verse is a great help to deal with such thing.

Anyway, if you want Find out more interesting Bible stories at Theatre Church when
CineMeetings & Events brings the first-ever Theatre Church Conference on October 22, 2008 12:00 PM & October 23, 2008 5:00 PM. Everybody is invited to join and register to Find out more of the meeting and conference that will soon take place.
Post?slot_id=

1 comments:

Laura Lear said...

Hi Cecile. My name is Laura and I work with National CineMedia. I read your blog and appreciate your support of the theatre church movement! I did want to clarify that our Theatre Church Conference coming up in MD is specifically for Pastors who want to learn more about starting a theatre. I can see if I can find out if there is a theatre church in your area if you're interested in attending a service. I do appreciate your support - just want to clarify so we don't have a bunch of disappointed people if they show up to the theatre and can't get in! My best, Laura

 

Life is Good and Beautiful Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea