Sunday, October 19, 2008

Want free asparagus?

Posted by Cecile at Sunday, October 19, 2008
When I served a mission for our church for 1 and a 1/2 year in 1996-1998, asparagus is not a problem with us. It wasn't only cheap, but we don't need to buy it. Why? Because in the place where I served in General Santos City, Dole has a very big asparagus, bananas and pineapples plantations. Members of the church work there and they just give it to us free! Back then, I wasn't a fan of asparagus and that's when I learned to eat it especially if you got nothing to eat. Now, asparagus is very expensive especially here in the U.S. I just wished I could go back there and get some to take here with me, that way I don't have to worry buying expensive asparagus at all.

9 comments:

amiable amy said...

hahaha... i noticed that too ... in the Philippines we can eat plenty of delicious fruits and vegetables affordable, yet i prefer meat ... even malunggay is just at the backyard, my neighbors can ask it for free. I missed our vegies and sweet fruits really.

Cecile said...

yup, i miss malunggay, too! there you can ask your neighbor for veggies and even fruits like banana, but here you have to buy everything :-) so sad :-(

iceah said...

i love asparagus c: dami nyan dito banda sa amin mura pa c: enjoy kmi c:

""rarejonRez"" said...

haha funny but i have the same post as this sis, and also, the same photo used. how magical, eh? hehehe... take a look at mine if u got a chance!

http://www.rareordinarythoughts.com/2008/10/asparagus-what-else.html

richard said...

hi cecille, just to let you know asparagus is my favorite kind of vegetable I even adobo it with pork or just plain asparagus adobo...heheheh

Cecile said...

richard, i think i woud try to cook it like you do, adobo, sounds yummy! i am getting tired of stirred fry asparagus. Have you tried roasting it with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper? that is good, too!

Cecile said...

iceah, i envy you :-), hope we have plenty here, too! well it would be in my dreams,i think :-)esp. the price hehehe

Cecile said...

jonrez, read your post about asparagus, was it a coincidence or what? funny :-), love aspa...

richard said...

I will tried to cook asparagus as you suggested when I got time to buy, we normally go to balintawak market at least once a week and I will definitely try that one and I will give you feedback...:)

 

Life is Good and Beautiful Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea